Voila! something new we are stepping into “Things not to do when you are in Mauritius”. Well have you ever thaught this is the case in Mauritius, but the truth is such they are things which you can do and things not to do when you are in Mauritius. I’m sure this must be the case in any country or should we be saying in Every Country. But, why Mauritius we are specific is that – Its just a granule of sand in the world map with hardly around 1.4million population, still this Country Mauritius is so freaked out, I wonder how they manage to show the flowery image to the world we wonder, might be the below reasons will help you identify. So can we step ahead and start to think about what things and what not one must be doing when you are in Mauritius for a business or a luxury trip to TAN yourself.
Can we get going and you must be willing to see it with your own eyes
1. Don’t you ever get carried away with the compliments in here – There is surely a Hidden Agenda behind. “So stitch on time Saves Nine”
2. Never Venture out alone on streets after 6 PM in Mauritius
3. Never hire a TAXI – “well you will be ripped very badly – as Mauritius don’t have any standard routefare” – We have so many people asking us this question, but our standard answer is one thing. Take a local bus service “atleast you will be enjoying the coastal regions if you are travelling around coastal places or inside town. For a Busfare of 30Rs you might spend for taxi 3000Rs. Its not a comparison but so many of them got fooled and they really took them for a ride, or if you think you want to wander everywhere hire a car yourselves and drive around its million dollar answer”
4. Our Duty Free shops are much more expensive than the normal shops (If you want to buy a watch in duty free shops they must be e.g:3000MRU but normal shops the same stuff goes for 1800MRU) so wonder whats so called duty free.
5. Don’t you get fooled by people saying you its Authentic – If they insist ask for Certificate “most of the time certificate itself is a duplicate, if you are clever enough you will find it out in a fly”
6. If you want to spend all your holidays or business trip inside your hotel then you better opt for some Villas or Bungalows near the coast. “But be careful while negotiating with the person”. A week stay in seaside appartments with full luxury would cost the same amount as staying in a 4-5 start hotel for a day – So this is your choice, coz THE SUN, THE SAND, THE SEA its same even for the villas, bungalows or apartments and hotels.
7. Don’t you ever think we are very dynamic people living in Mauritus – We are by nature very very slow, so learn to practise some sort of mind control and being patient.
8. Don’t you ever take a free drink offered by someone unknown to you – you might be drugged, raped or anything might happen – So pick your choice.
9. Never leave your valuables which are handy in your Hotelroom (Cameras, passports, money, jewellry etc etc) – Coz robbery is a profession in Mauritius – (Read the related article)
10.If you are in the hotel villas, never buy any goods from the hotel ( you will save thousands if you could just walk out of hotel and buy the basic stuff like water, tissues, coke, cigarattes, alcoholic drinks or even small grocery)
They are much more, but the top 10 list above gives you the general idea how is it in Mauritius and mainly we said it “things no to do when you are in Mauritius”. But we said it all – so if you find it bit nasty and later don’t you ever tell anyone that there is no place on net where they wrote about these facts. We did! so please take 2 mins of your time and if you have comments please do register here and comment on it, we would appreciate it.