Mauritius Information Technology is the most sort of subject they would be talking in every corner of Mauritius. See to that most of them who have written in great countries “The Information and Communication technology (ICT) sector is very dynamic, and contrubuting to the Mauritius economy. ICT sector in Mauritius is the fith pillar of the economy and is fast growing and high productivity activity.” But none in the world really knows the fact and the fictions of this PARADISE ON EARTH. Wonder how on earth people are so blind or is it that people look into only brochures which has been supplied or exchanged in high profile meetings.
Well we surely don’t have any idea about that, but whom so ever said “Economy of Mauritius is depending upon IT” has to or should we be saying MUST change the phrase, coz’ the fact is so simple and its not the truth in Mauritius. IT development compared to any civilized countries which we know around are far ahead of Mauritius – We are not talking about India, China, Singapore and so on. Well if you don’t trust what we are saying, that literally means you are not entitled to read further, co’z the facts might hit your moral very bad, well thats the fact.
Right from very first days, the big lobby ppl did not educate the people in Mauritius, the reality of IT Sector and the divisions of IT sector. We know so many people in Mauritius and so many companies in Mauritius who are considered as a IT company, but practically they do 100% BPO organisation, which is the fact.. But days passed and years gone still Mauritius is just surviving literally from the EUROPEAN FRENCH Niche market or French Speaking Clientele. We can 100% confirm to you and name very very hand full of clients who might really work for English origin clientele.
The facts are very simple, why MAURITIUS CANNOT AND NEVER BE A IT HUB
1. There is no culture of working and commitment – Thats the attitude of we Mauritians, we can work maximum of 9 -5 jobs and go
2. You cannot ask us to be committed and work extra for day. If we work and commit you better pay even for an extra hour, but we can take 2 hours lunch break you should not count.
3. We can communicate only in 2 Languages (Which is literally sort of Crenglish and French - Crenglish is nothing but (Creole literally translated into English) – things go like ” I DON’T KNOW ME”. Really wondered what on earth is that - in creole “MOI PAKONER MOI”
4. People can change jobs from one company to another not because of career, but just for 500 change they can shift the job without second thaught.
5. Cost of living in the country is far above than any other countries.
6. If you are a investor and you want to sack any employees, you will not be able to, coz govt supports only employees not employers,
7. Companies get only STIMULUS PACKAGE, when you are about to close the company – He he he he this is the funniest part ” from day 1 we never understood whats so stimulus”
From the list above, its few in some thousands why MAURITIUS IS DOOMED TO fail in IT.
Lately we have seen the best proclaimed BPO company in Mauritius – INFINITY has been closed - Bingo 400 ppl on roads
ADD IT WIN – Bingo the complete outsourced IT development company closed
and we will have the complete list who will be closing down soon.
We have so many known companies, who are literally diverting the complete IT to BPO who are going to be doomed as well, as in Mauritius there is no scope for IT. The fact remains they are literally no companies who can afford to have SAP BUSINESS 1, OBIEE, Business DYNAMICS – But mauritius is just hand full of small income group whereby they run with small payrolls. So lets hope to see some more news coming out on MAURITIUS IT – BPO DOWNFALL IN MAURITIUS